It's been 3 whole weeks and I am still craving for this one special sweets (atleast special to me). Bubur caca. Not the sweet potato version, but the all colourful made of flour kind of caca. Enough babbling! Let's see how it's done, and what we need.
A packet of dry colourful 'caca' flour in packet. You can get it from the usual groceries stores, market or hyper-market. I used the instant coconut milk (I don't have all the time in the world for cooking now, so this helps a LOT!) 2 pieces of screwpine leaves (daun pandan), put it together, from the bottom of the leaves, tear it apart right down in the middle (it will ripped easily), and then put it altogether, fold and tied it up just like in the picture or anyway you like. It doesn't matter.
In a boiling water, pour the 'caca' as much is needed.
let it boiled and simmer until it is soft and tender.
After that, drain it in a strainer or colander.
meanwhile, boiled the coconut milk in a moderately slow heat altogether with the screwpine leaves, stirring it all the time to avoid the coconut from boiling too much or it will spoil the texture.
when the coconut milk is almost boiling, pour in the sugar and a pinch of salt for taste.
when the coconut milk is ready or almost boiling, pour in the well done 'caca', into it and stir well. Let it simmer, and taste it. Turn off the heat when it's done.
Like it? Here are the full recipe
- 1 1/2 cup of dry colourful caca flour
- 1 1/2 cup thick coconut milk3 cups of water (depends on how you like your coconut milk thickness)a pinch of salt8 tbsp of sugar2 pieces of screwpine leaves (pandan)
- Boiled some water just enough for boiling the dry caca flour.
- When it's soft and tender, strained it.
- Boiled the mixture of coconut milk and water with the screwpine leaves.
- Mix in the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Stir in with a moderately slow heat careful not until it boiling, let it simmer slowly.
- when the coconut milk is slowly simmering, pour in the caca flour, and carefully stir it altogether.
- Stir it until it's done and ready.
- Turn off the heat, and serve it.