For a while, a forgot this 'inherited' recipe from my mom. It's traditional and easy to make. But the usual stuff that I came across was, only the banana. Say, what!!!?? No, tepung? Yeah not many people came across this. And frankly, I loved the pengat pisang with tepung. Muchos!!
Anyway, I'd like to share it ya all. Do try it!
PENGAT PISANG WITH TEPUNG
(1)3 cups of ripe (can be fried) banana. Chop nicely and round about 1/2 inches or less (just like in the picture). example: pisang tanduk, batu, raja atau nangka
2/3 cup of sugar (or more, if you want it sweeter)
5 to 6 cup of water (enough to boiled the banana)
screw pine leaves
(2)2 1/2 cup of really thick coconut milk
2/3 cup of brown sugar (or as much as you need it)
(3)1 cup of wheat flour
a pinch of salt (just to taste)
2/3 cup of water
4 cups of water (for boiling)
(4) optional1/2 cup of sago seed, soak for 10 minutes and drain
3 cups of water
1. Boiled items (4) until it turned clear (means it is cooked), drain the water and wash it with cold water, and drain again.
2. Items (3), mixed in the flour, salt. Mixed in the water a bit by bit. Until the mixture is smoothly thicken. But not to light. Boiled the water, and using a teaspoon, spoon in the mixture into the boiling water. The mixture will shaped into small bite-sized tepung. Continue it until the mixture is finish. Drain the tepung.
3. Mixed items (1) and boiled it until it almost soften or cooked.
4. When it is done, mixed in Items (2).
5. Stir in, and taste. Make sure the heat is medium, and stir in the coconut mixture all the time, don't let it over-boiled.
6. When it's almost cooked, mix in the ready and done items (3) and (4).
7. Turn off the heat when it is done.