Now that, I am 6 months pregnant, I might be posting a lot of things regarding my pregnancy.
Please don't get annoyed by this okay?
After 2 childbirths and confinements, I am thinking about changing the jamu that I am about to use and consume. Previously I used Nona Roguy Herbanika Bersalin during my confinement. I loved what it does to my body during the confinement and I felt really great about it. It even helps produce more milk for my newborn and I don't have the constipation problem.
But after I read the post by my friend Marina Amir in her blog Chenta Sa-Juta Chupettes, about Tanamera Post Natal Set, I was thinking about trying Tanamera Sets. It's a spa-like version of jamu. Except most of the items are not for consumption, except for the herbal tea. Compared to Nona Roguy, they minus the Phytonatal capsule, which I loved so much, because it helps to strengthen the body and reduce weight all along during the confinement. And the Tanamera set include the Postpartum abdominal wrap (bengkung) and pilis. Which both of this thing are not included in the Nona Roguy Sets.
Tanamera Post Natal set. Neat packaging isn't it?
(credit to Tanamera for the picture)
What do they have in the Tanamera Post Natal (offical page)?
1. Feminine Herbal Wash : A mixture of aromatic herbs, rich in essential oil used for healing stitches and keeping the genital area clean, deodorized and cool. The sooner you start using this product the better, even if you have had a cesarean birth.mixture of aromatic herbs, rich in essential oil used for healing stitches and keeping the genital area clean, deodorized and cool. The sooner you start using this product the better, even if you have had a cesarean birth.
2. Herbal Bath :A traditional blend of highly aromatic herbs that refreshes, re-energizes, and deodorizes the body as well as helps soothe tired muscles and relieves minor skin problems.
3. Herbal Tea : A warming tea that helps a mother with recovery from childbirth by stimulating internal circulation and expulsion of blood clots.
4. Lavender Floral Water : Gentle and soothing, an overall pleasant traditional scent for unwinding and reducing stress. Lavender is an herb with a long history of use in medical conditions. It may used as an after bath splash or throughout the day when feeling tired to refresh yourself.
5. Herbal Massage Oil : An all natural oil that is infused with tropical herbs that re-starts a mother's internal circulation.
6. Cold Press Virgin Coconut Oil : A key benefit of VCO is that it's high in antioxidants which protect your skin from free radical damage. It can be used prenatally for stretch mark prevention as well as during postnatal to reduce the existence of stretch marks, apply 2x per day. For best results apply after bathing and massage into wet skin.
7. Brown Formulation Body Soap : A combination of herbs and grains produce a grainy surface that gently removes dead skin . Herbs such as turmeric, wild ginger and cinnamon are known to improve one's overall skin condition. The exotic, earthy scent of patchouli oil is added for an aromatherapy effect.
8. Boreh Body Scrub : A combination of herbs with warming properties whose main function is to have a warming effect on the skin and muscles to energize and rejuvenate a tired mother's body.
9. Calming Herbal Paste (Pilis) : A traditionally blended paste that refreshes tired eyes and mind due to lack of sleep or stress. It is applied on the forehead for at least 1 hour or as long as the new mother liked it.
10. Firming herbal Blend Paste : A traditional paste made of a blend of herbs used to help strengthen and firm stomach muscles from the inside out. Use with the postpartum abdominal wrap for more effective results.
11. Postpartum Abdominal Wrap / Binder (bengkung) : The material is made of unbleached cotton which is soft yet durable for hours of comfort. The wrap is easy to put on and most comfortable when worn under loose clothes. A postpartum wrap is an important recovery devise used in many cultures for a faster recovery from child birth.
Things listed above are what they have in the Post Natal Set. Awesome right? The set cost about RM360 including delivery in Peninsular Malaysia. But I was thinking about going to the boutique instead. The nearest in my place, is in KLIA. I'll ask my dear husband to accompany me next week. Just want to see the whole range of product available in Tanamera.
For Nona Roguy, it cost about RM290 after discount for members only. But without the bengkung and pilis. After all the survey and reading, I might go with Tanamera, but I've been with Nona Roguy my whole life, especially the herbal oil. I haven't discuss anything with my husband but I'll let him know soon.
So ladies, do you think I should go with Tanamera?